Dangerous places in your home become safe with the KiddyGuard Avant Retractable Baby Safety Gate by Lascal. The Avant features a strong and flexible mesh panel, in your choice of black or white, and an attractive square aluminum gate housing. Whether your style is modern or traditional, this elegant Swedish design is sure to complement your home. The mesh panel is fully retractable, practically disappearing into its housing when the gate is open or not in use, leaving no trip hazards or swinging door in your way. A red indicator warns when the gate is unlocked. The Avant features a unique timing system that allows you to open, pass through and secure the gate silently. Because the simple release and lock mechanism can be operated one-handed by an adult, it's super-convenient for high-traffic areas of your home. The Avant is safe to use at the top of stairs (recommended installation 6" from the edge of the top step), in doorways and in room-to-room openings.
Using KiddyGuard Installation Kits (sold separately), the KiddyGuard Avant can be easily installed in virtually any opening up to 48" in a variety of configurations: inside an opening; on the outside of an opening; on the wall on either side of your opening; at the top of stairs; at the bottom of stairs; on walls with or without baseboards; on bannisters with the help of available accessories.
The KiddyGuard Avant is JPMA certified and has been tested by SGS to the U.S. Safety Standard ASTM F1004-15, and meets the tough EN 1930 European Standard.
- Fully retractable hardware mounted baby gate completely disappears when not in use and eliminates the tripping hazard that all traditional metal pressure mount gates present.
- Elegant brushed aluminum designer housing and high quality mesh panel compliments any home décor.
- Completely quiet to open and close with easy one-handed operation, thanks to a patented delayed locking mechanism with intuitive timer.
- Use at top of stairs, bottom of stairs or inside any opening up to 48" wide.
- Mesh panel is 32.3" high; gate housing is 35.3" high.
- Can either be mounted inside an opening or outside of the opening on the wall.
- JPMA Certified and meets both US ASTM standards and very tough European EN standards.
- Baseboard kits and Bannister kits available as accessories for easier installation.
- All parts are non-toxic and can be recycled. Contains no phthalates, lead or polycarbonates.